MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Skype integration -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Check out http://www.skype.com/share/buttons/advanced.html so that those of us without Skype installed won't get that error message about the skype protocol not being registered. That page also includes instructions for all the types of links and URLs for status images.
Kimmo Wrote:I am not sure you want to limit yourself to Skype. I mean I have added it as a customfield in the userprofile, but skype is by no means the only VOIP-solution there and why close them out? I am not sure what the solution would be but might be something worth thinking before running into execution.

cheers,
Kimmo

It may not be the only VoIP, but who else gives free US/Canada calling? Skype has proven to be one of the best looking and effective free [and very very cheap] internet calling service. I think it demands some props for that.
PHP_Paul Wrote:
Kimmo Wrote:I am not sure you want to limit yourself to Skype. I mean I have added it as a customfield in the userprofile, but skype is by no means the only VOIP-solution there and why close them out? I am not sure what the solution would be but might be something worth thinking before running into execution.

cheers,
Kimmo

It may not be the only VoIP, but who else gives free US/Canada calling? Skype has proven to be one of the best looking and effective free [and very very cheap] internet calling service. I think it demands some props for that.

oh I don't want to take anything away from Skype...all the credit to them...but I wouldn't want to 'lock in' to any particular provider...eBay is now behind Skype and in the end is the one calling the shots if and when the calls are free...and for how long...

cheers,
Kimmo
It might not be the only one, but it is by far the best.
DrPoodle Wrote:

cheers,
Kimmo
It might not be the only one, but it is by far the best.
that I would say is subjective (don't use any myself at the moment...but opinions are like a**holes...everyone's got one and everyone elses stink Toungue)
tmhai Wrote:I guess my thread was split, and marcgo's thread was removed and merged.

There are tonns of chatting networks. Who knows, you might want a link to your Freenode Profile. What im trying to say is that MyBB cant accomodate them all, a system should be in place so that board admin can add their own, or have a list of them in the admin cp and tick the ones you want. something like that...
Well, it's my opinion that major IM services should be supported via stock installation, and Skype is easily becoming a major contacting service. This is why I think MyBB should natively support at least a Skype input field.
Augustino Wrote:Also a gmail field is good idea

Email is already a field...why does a seperate GMAIL need to be added? That's not a useful idea sir.
labrocca Wrote:
Augustino Wrote:Also a gmail field is good idea

Email is already a field...why does a seperate GMAIL need to be added? That's not a useful idea sir.
I agree.
We think of Gmail first as an email service, not as the IM service. Confused
Well at least put Google Talk in, because those who don't have the program usually have in enabled in their email anyway Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3