MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot edit User Group - Reverts back to default
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary:
I am trying to edit my Super Moderator user group, however, as soon as i change the value e.g. Custom Style HTML Color code, and click save, it reverts back to the default value (pink) ...

How can I fix this?

I would think it's down to a permissions problem? Which files do i check permissions for?

Thank you!

New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
New
Delete your browser's cookies, clear its cache. Make a Force Refresh CTRL + F5 . Try to edit it again.
Thanks, will do and let you know.. I don't think its related however as I have done that with exception of cache Sad
Yep, I've heard of these problems before, it can more then likely be browser related.
OK thanks labra. I will try on IE and also post feedback.
Not working in IE either. I was using Firefox.

Also deleted cookie and cache. Same problem..
So there's no error message? It just doesn't save the changes?
I am too using FF but have not faced such a problem.
(2011-05-18, 03:34 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]So there's no error message? It just doesn't save the changes?

Yes, no error message.

It doesn't go back to the configuration screen like it should with a green tick saying settings successfuly changed.

It just reloads the same settings page with the value reverted back to default :/

It's only with the Super Moderators group though. And i am admin obviously so that shouldn't be a problem.

I cannot change any settings on the Super Moderators group without it reverting back to default.

Plz help Sad At the moment they can change their custom user title etc and I don't want them to be able to.

Thanks for the replies
Weird, can you PM me the URL and admin login details so I can take a look?
I'm always wary of giving people admin access.. I understand you are part of the Support Teams, however Is there anything I could try before we resort to that?

Thanks for the help
Suppose not then :/

If someone could just tell me what files are related to moderator settings then I would appreciate it then..

As it seems this is only happening for the Super Moderators group..
Pages: 1 2 3