MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSHub.NET
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: logo.png]

Before you read on, I'd like to ask for some unbiased reviews / feedback from members of the MyBB community. I realize The Elite has a far more established, well developed Runescape community, but that's besides the point. For a moment, please review my community as if The Elite's was non existent, that way I really know what visitors think and what I can improve upon. Thank you.

----------

Description: RSHub.NET is a Runescape community / blog that focuses more on the negative side of Runescape, while also providing forums for regular old Runescape discussion. In addition to this, we're working on an official Runescape server. Although it's actually 90% complete, we're just waiting to get the new VPS on which it will be hosted. So what are you waiting for? Join this new and upcoming Runescape community and watch us grow and develop. I guarantee that RSHub will be online for a long time to come and not go down in a few months like a lot of the other forums that have been put online recently.

That being said, please give me suggestions, and feedback towards both the forum part of the website, as well as the blog. Any advice is appreciated, whether it be negative or positive. If you'd like to join, feel free to register an account and if you don't, I completely understand. Right now we're still a small community trying to get off its feet and hopefully we'll be growing in numbers once we get everything going for real.

http://rshub.net
http://rshub.net/blog/
Just my two cents in terms of the theme. It seems like everyone is trying to make their design layout the same as hackforums.. b/w marketforums, The Elites runescape forum and now yours.. It would be nice to see something original.
The theme is a lot like Runegears, your forum layout is a little similar, but mostly original. Even so, it still has the same feel as Runegear, and you offer nothing Runegear doesn't. Why should we join you when there are bigger & better communities?
I had no intention of making it look like HF, MF or RG.

I just took this theme and heavily edited it - http://www.awesomestyles.com/mybb-themes...en&version=

It took a long time to, so I'm probably not going to change the theme, I'll just make even more changes that way it starts looking more original. Oh and how exactly does it look like HF? Simply because of the theme, or because of how it's setup? I can work on changing the layout a bit more but with the tabbed menu, it always kind of looks like HF. I'll do some editing to the tabs though and make them more original.

Thanks for the feedback.

----------

(2011-05-18, 04:54 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]The theme is a lot like Runegears, your forum layout is a little similar, but mostly original. Even so, it still has the same feel as Runegear, and you offer nothing Runegear doesn't. Why should we join you when there are bigger & better communities?

Rune Gear is a great forum, but like you just asked, why do people join Rune Gear when there are bigger and better communities? They do because The Elite did a great job on it. I'm not just posting this thread and then hoping mass amounts of members are going to join, that's not the idea at all. This is going to be up for a long time and I don't plan on just not working on it and waiting for people to join. Everything starts somewhere, it just depends how hard you're willing to work.
I'm glad you understand members won't rush to you. And, be sure to make many changes to get a more original feel. Basically, you need to offer something the others don't, stay on top of the competition. Then we'll join you to get what we want. Wink

Best of luck.
It looks like all the others I mentioned previously b/c the bg is the same, the width is the same, the layout is the same, the tabs are the same, etc.. I'd start over with a new layout/skin completely.. If I visit your site and RuneGear I'll just join RuneGear b/c it looks the same and has more content.. at least make your forum look unique
(2011-05-18, 05:04 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad you understand members won't rush to you. And, be sure to make many changes to get a more original feel. Basically, you need to offer something the others don't, stay on top of the competition. Then we'll join you to get what we want. Wink

Best of luck.

Yeah, I'm debating whether I should start on a new theme (which I probably will), or continue editing the current one. Since I'm out of school in two weeks though, I'll most likely start on an entirely new theme that's 100% RSHub, haha, completely original.

Once again, thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

(2011-05-18, 05:05 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like all the others I mentioned previously b/c the bg is the same, the width is the same, the layout is the same, the tabs are the same, etc.. I'd start over with a new layout/skin completely.. If I visit your site and RuneGear I'll just join RuneGear b/c it looks the same and has more content.. at least make your forum look unique

^
It isn't just the theme though. Content is the MOST important thing. Focus more on that now, and then give us a much better design this summer. Smile
(2011-05-18, 05:10 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]It isn't just the theme though. Content is the MOST important thing. Focus more on that now, and then give us a much better design this summer. Smile

You're right, but I'll probably do it the other way around and knock out the appearance stuff first since that's not a constantly ongoing type of thing. Although I'll always be making edits, it's not like I'll be doing something everyday. Once that's all pretty much complete, I can focus on posting good, quality and valuable content each and everyday.

Anyone else have any suggestions besides the appearance? It could be board structure, and anything else!
I would still keep your previous theme up instead of the default theme until you make a new one.. It's not that it looks bad it's just been done a bunch already.
Pages: 1 2 3