MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: attachement issues with migration from phpbb3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have successfully migrated from phpbb3 to mybb and I have a slew of attachments in a forum. Although it says the attachments are there and when I click on them a simple 4kb file is downloaded and not the actual file, even though it has the same name as the attachment.

I've tried re-migrating with no success.

Any ideas on how to reassociate the attachments with the posts. I'd hate to lose the hundreds of attachments that the board has been accumulating over the past 3 years.

Thanks!

The forum is located at tprstalk.com. It's a private forum, so you'd have to register to view. Sad
The actual attachments are in the correct folder on the server and when I download them, they are the correct files (by way of FTP). It just seems that the files are not attached properly to the post. Is that what this bug is referring to?

Any possible solution?
You might see filenames, but if you download one and try to open it, it will fail. The files are 0 byte length empty files.
(2011-05-19, 02:44 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You might see filenames, but if you download one and try to open it, it will fail. The files are 0 byte length empty files.

Can I manually move the attachments?

(2011-05-19, 02:51 AM)rsbenedict Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-19, 02:44 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]You might see filenames, but if you download one and try to open it, it will fail. The files are 0 byte length empty files.

Can I manually move the attachments?

Yes, if you download them from the old board, and re-attach them to the matching post on your new board. I apologize, but at this time that is the only work-around.
That will days weeks. There are over 384 different attachments. There has to be a better way. I wish I would have known that this was an issue BEFORE I migrated so I could have kept the former forum online until it was fixed. Your message came out after I migrated. Sad
Unfortunately there is no other way at this time, since the merge system destroys the data that links the new IDs to the old ones when it finishes running.