MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ROBOFORM for Mac - anyone with issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know exactly where to post this so I figured here. It's not exactly a Mybb issue.

I use Roboform password manager. I have been using it for ages for Windows but now I'm using an iMac and have been anxiously awaiting the release of the RF for Mac.

Well, it's finally here but it's breaking logins to all Mybb sites.
It also will not remember the login properly. It puts in "Username" and "Password" and it also puts the correct one in the passcard but it does NOT accept it on the auto login.
Every time I try to login using RF it tells me there is no such login, even if I manually save it.

FYI - this only works for Safari for now. No Firefox version.

I've been going round and round for months with tech support there and they keep using a windows machine to test the problem I am having with the Mac version Angry I went so far as the CEO of the company and he too tested with Windows! ugh.

Anyway, it all came down to this:

Quote:Unfortunately there is not much more we can do at this point. RoboForm for Mac is still developing and we can't have the developers and supporters stop what they're working to fix this unique problem. We have more than 100K Mac users so far and we're not getting any similar complaints. So the guys are focused on solving problems that affect the most users.

I have a few suggestions:

1) Keep watching for new releases and test to see if the new releases solve the issue.

2) Since you are an admin for these sites, see if you can make the logins for these specific sites more standard. In other words, don't make a user click Login to see the login and password fields. Also see if the underlying HTML has additional fields for Username and password that can be removed. That may help.

Other than that there's not much more we can do right now.

I apologize for the convenience.

Well, I'm not going to manipulate the html and break the javascript. Wouldn't matter, the thing does not work on the login.php page using the form there as well. Another thing they don't get through their thick heads. The logins ARE standard anyway. And, what about sites I do not manage? Sites I visit?

So, I am wondering if anyone else using Mybb and Roboform for MAC have run into this same situation? I would like to compile as many people as I can that are having login issues with it so I can show them I am not unique in this.
I just use keychain manager...default program that comes with Mac?
Yes, I know about the keychain manager. But I need to hunt down others using RF to see if they are having the same issues.