MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting SMF 1.1.11 to MyBB 1.6.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forums are currently running SMF 1.1.11 and after all the good stuff I've read about MyBB I want to convert them to MyBB 1.6.3. I've already installed MyBB 1.6.3, but I can't find a set of instructions for migrating the data over. I'm probably searching for the wrong terms, but if someone could provide a link that explains this process I'd certainly appreciate it.

SMF 1.1.11 => MyBB 1.6.3
Well you posted this in the wrong section. It should be in the Merge Support Category but thats fine Toungue

Use this:

http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system
DOH! I looked at that section and figured "merge" meant merging from one version of MyBB to another. Thx for the link. Smile
Don't worry about it Toungue And no prob
Please be aware that there is currently a problem with attachments
http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1542
I read about the attachments issue before I did the merge (which was amazingly simple), but the only issue I've seen so far is the user avatars are missing and I've been searching the forums to find out how to fix that, but haven't found an answer yet.
(2011-05-19, 07:10 PM)Phunky Wrote: [ -> ]...the only issue I've seen so far is the user avatars are missing and I've been searching the forums to find out how to fix that, but haven't found an answer yet.

Thats because Avatars are not supported by the merge system at this time. I'm considering adding it to a future revision, but there is too much else to do currently before adding something new. Your users simply have to re-upload their avatars. If you want you can also copy all your old gallery avatars to MyBB's directory tree via ftp.
Phunky, out of interest, how large is your site (ie, number of threads, posts, users), as I am having a nightmare trying to merge...
(2011-05-20, 07:49 AM)TheBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Phunky, out of interest, how large is your site (ie, number of threads, posts, users), as I am having a nightmare trying to merge...

Sorry for the late reply, but the MyBB forums didn't send me a notification when these new posts were made. Undecided

Anyway, the site has about 1,200 threads, 3,400 posts, and 400 users so it's not too big. I'm still in disbelief at how easy it was to migrate.

(2011-05-20, 01:09 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]If you want you can also copy all your old gallery avatars to MyBB's directory tree via ftp.

I'm having trouble with this. SMF avatars are found in a couple places...

/avatars/ (which contained folders of pre-uploaded avatars)
/attachments/ (which contained user-uploaded avatars)

Where do they go under the MyBB file structure?
Only the avatars folder of pre-uploaded avatars can be transferred, and its contents go under mybb's uploads/avatars folder. The user uploaded avatars will have to be re-uploaded by each user that has one.