MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Code and files to change look of my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

My forum is at http://www.phoenixsupras.net/forum/index.php (You need to be registered and logged in to view the actual forums.

I'm trying to remove the Member List, Calendar and Help off the top bar (I don't want them to be viewable by eye.

To try to get rid of these I have gone

Templates & Style > Templates > My Template > Header Templates > Header

And removed the code containing the specified areas. On saving this, it hasn't taken the links out of the top bar.

What have I done wrong?

EDIT**: I have done this in the default MyBB theme and it has removed the links... But on my current theme, it won't get rid of them. I'm using A Fresh Flame template/theme.

Another thing. When you login there is a PayPal donate button at the top of the index page of the forum. This can't be seen when not logged in, is there anyway to have this made viewable whether logged in or not / so it appears on all pages. At the moment the paypal code is in the Index Page Templates > Index file.

My last issue is....

Where can I change what the text says on the index page when not logged in.

Quote:ou are either not logged in or do not have permission to view this page. This could be because one of the following reasons:
You are not logged in or registered. Please use the form at the bottom of this page to login.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may have been disabled by an administrator, or it may be awaiting account activation.
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or links.

Many thanks if you're able to help.
For the paypal donate button, just place the button underneath the top menu bar & everyone will be able to see it. To do that, go to ACP > Style & Template > Template > Index:

Place the Paypal button between the header & the forums in the index button like this:
{$header}
Your Paypal Button Code
{$forums}

That should solve the problem.

As for the top menu bar, go to ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > YOUR CURRENT ACTIVATED TEMPLATE > header:

Find this:
<ul class="menu top_links">
							<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php" class="search">{$lang->toplinks_search}</a></li>
							<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php" class="memberlist">{$lang->toplinks_memberlist}</a></li>
							<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php" class="calendar">{$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a></li>
</ul>

Remove that code & it should work, if it doesn't then activate your default theme & try it there and then reactivate your current theme.
Quote:For the paypal donate button, just place the button underneath the top menu bar & everyone will be able to see it. To do that, go to ACP > Style & Template > Template > Index:

Place the Paypal button between the header & the forums in the index button like this:
{$header}
Your Paypal Button Code
{$forums}

That should solve the problem.

I had already done that. However to fix this, I have put it in the bottom of the header file so that it can be seen on every page, and by those not logged in.

Quote:As for the top menu bar, go to ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > YOUR CURRENT ACTIVATED TEMPLATE > header:

Find this:
<ul class="menu top_links">
							<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php" class="search">{$lang->toplinks_search}</a></li>
							<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php" class="memberlist">{$lang->toplinks_memberlist}</a></li>
							<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php" class="calendar">{$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a></li>
</ul>

Remove that code & it should work, if it doesn't then activate your default theme & try it there and then reactivate your current theme.

I have done the above but for the theme I use (a fresh flame) it doesn't want to accept the code changes and display correctly. I'm still unable to remove the top links, and it won't let my pay pal button display under the header in the header file, but if it's in the index (as you've suggested above) it will show but only when logged in.

For all the other themes that I have available. They all work fine.

Have you any ideas for my last point in the original post, about editing the text that is seen on the index page when not logged in?