MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Comet Chat VS Arrow Chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well which is more suitable for a community? I have enough money to buy only one unbranded edition. I heard Arrow Chat is much better than Comet Chat...or is it only just rumors?

And is their any other good chat software besides these 2 that I missed?
I'm using cometchat > http://www.nadlerzone.com
No chat software at all if you're running a forum...

They have the same purpose thus one hurts the other regarding content.
(2011-05-19, 01:41 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]No chat software at all if you're running a forum...

They have the same purpose thus one hurts the other regarding content.

Exactly. If your community is fully form, dying, and no longer really doing much, a shoutbox can work, as it may keep the community coming at least. But for a new site, or a site that is still going well, its just hurts.
You guys are right;D. I canceled the whole chat bar idea for now, I even did a small scale survey with some of my forum members, they also didn't find it appealing, Besides I can use that money on something more useful that will further ignite my members to post and remain active.
Hi there

I recently purchaced both arroachat and cometchat. However I bought the cheap editions just to test it. In my oppinion both are good however video calling in cometchat exist only in the expensive adition but arrowchat have it on its cheapest edition also although its branded but it does the work. the more expensive edition of arrowchat is 299 dol and for cometchat 399 dol a huge difference. However cometchat comes with a lot of already integrations where arrowchat requires download (Almost all are free of charge). In my oppinion arrowchat is the solution to go is cheaper, video chat on its cheapest edition but it needs a few clicks more that cometchat to become more customizable.
For both services I have to say that they have a fast response in enquiries and very helpfull.
So its up to you. Both service are great just playing on the details.

I hope this helps
Please do not bump a year old thread without good reason. I doubt the OP is still making a decision. Shy