MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Choose ubuntu 11 over windows?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would you choose ubuntu over windows 7?
i am in a fix and don't really get the point why i "should" like it more than windows,
do you have a reason?

EDIT:poll added, my choice is windows as i have no experience with ubuntu right now
I personally choose to boot into ubuntu more than I do windows 7. I just feel so much more comfortable with the interface and love how I have everything setup and at my fingertips.
I personally don't right now, because I can't get my wireless card to work with it (I have a BC4311). Other than that, it's alright (though I have to admit I use XUbuntu), but I still use and prefer Vista as my primary OS. Vista can handle my multi-monitor setup better than Ubuntu (read: Vista can handle it, unlike Ubuntu).
Used to, until it started hiccuping too much with my graphics card and I couldn't boot and was sick of reinstalling.
Now I'm running 7, and I'm sad Sad
I've ditched Windows completely. I have no need for it, and I use Linux most of my day anyway.
Surprised at all the people having issues actually. Whilst Unity is a bit buggy, the core OS has always been supremely stable for me - the only errors being in fact caused by human error on my part.
(2011-05-19, 03:02 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I personally don't right now, because I can't get my wireless card to work with it (I have a BC4311). Other than that, it's alright (though I have to admit I use XUbuntu), but I still use and prefer Vista as my primary OS. Vista can handle my multi-monitor setup better than Ubuntu (read: Vista can handle it, unlike Ubuntu).

BC4311? I use Ubuntu and that works for me. Connect to a wired connection, go into synaptic, click update (or whatever it is), and then it should be there. It is the broadcom wireless sta, isnt it?
If you're in school wait Toungue. I always find myself needing to use windows for school just because a lot of courses are based our around Microsoft programs. (For example my database class uses Microsoft SQL server 2008)
(2011-05-19, 03:58 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]If you're in school wait Toungue. I always find myself needing to use windows for school just because a lot of courses are based our around Microsoft programs. (For example my database class uses Microsoft SQL server 2008)

I'm studying mechanical engineering, i wouldn't need windows for my college purpose ;-)

@all, thanks for replying, added a poll so that people who don't have time to, or too lazy to post can vote in the poll Toungue
I mean if you really don't use any windows exclusive programs a lot (or play games on the pc) I would say go for it.
Pages: 1 2