MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a mod to make it so you need 5 post to download a mod?
You can restrict downloads of attachments by user group. Simply create a new user group that is allowed to download attachments, then create an automatic User Promotion once the user has reached 5 posts. (Be sure to disable downloading of attachments in the default usergroup).

(2011-05-20, 02:07 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]You can restrict downloads of attachments by user group. Simply create a new user group that is allowed to download attachments, then create an automatic User Promotion once the user has reached 5 posts. (Be sure to disable downloading of attachments in the default usergroup).
I'd rather have a plugin that will do it instead of making a promotion.

I wrote a simple plugin. I haven't tested it. Plugin should write "no access" after the entry of an attachment, if the user has less than 5 posts. Upload file to "/inc/plugins" and activate it in ACP.
This will allow people lower then 5 post not able to DOWNLOAD attachments?
Yes. Wink
(2011-05-20, 03:04 AM)Tomasz Knapik Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. Wink
Can you make it so it will display this message?
"Sorry, you need at least 5 or more post to download these files."

Open plugin file and find;
error_no_permission();
and Change it into;
error("Sorry, you need at least 5 or more post to download these files.");

It should work Wink
(2011-05-20, 08:46 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Open plugin file and find;
error_no_permission();
and Change it into;
error("Sorry, you need at least 5 or more post to download these files.");

It should work Wink
And there was MY mistake, I forgot the "" xD
Also if I may ask, for a mod that doesnt allow you to click off site links with out 5 post? Something like the Restricted links plugin.