MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is that bad?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking at the stats right now, and I saw this list of guests from 66.234.139.xxx "bombarding" my forums...the stats say they are "Emailing users", "Sending private messages", and "using PM system"...I don't understand how they can access these areas if they are only visitors...I know that it's probably a bot, but how sending private message is a feature for members only...what am I missing? Should I block these IPs?

Please see attached images.
[attachment=3099]

GSA
gsa Wrote:I was looking at the stats right now, and I saw this list of guests from 66.234.139.xxx "bombarding" my forums...the stats say they are "Emailing users", "Sending private messages", and "using PM system"...I don't understand how they can access these areas if they are only visitors...I know that it's probably a bot, but how sending private message is a feature for members only...what am I missing? Should I block these IPs?

Please see attached images.
[attachment=3099]

GSA

If they have view permissions on the forum, most bots will find the "Send PM" button on the bottom of posts, and attempt to spider that page. The bot will actually get a "no permission" page, but on the Who's online, it displays as Sending a PM to X.