MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: send mail TO mybb ?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

maybe this is a new idea or somebody has already implemeted it via plugin etc.

it would be nice to send a mail to mybb and a new thread will be automaticaly opened. the mail-subject will be the new thread-subject and the mail-body will be the message of the first post.

if a thread already exists, only the mailbody will be used as new post in the existing thread....

any comments please!

regards
sundown78
You mean a contact form that would post the message as a thread?

I'm pretty sure this already exists as a plugin somewhere.
(2011-05-20, 07:26 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]You mean a contact form that would post the message as a thread?

I'm pretty sure this already exists as a plugin somewhere.

Nope. He is asking for something like mail to thread feature. Like the "Post via e-mail" option available in wordpress.

You send a mail to a particular e-mail ID like [email protected], a thread will be started in your forum with mail subject as thread title and nail body as content of thread.
I am not seeing much use in this ...
I know a few people who requested this already.
I'm actually working on this for iPXE, as I'm a member of the mailing list and when a discussion of which forum to use popped up I suggested MyBB. The only requirement was that he needed a Mail2Post capability, and its reverse, Post2Mail.