MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hm.. upgrading made my rate thread stars go all "crumbly" :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I reeeaaally can't work out why either!! lol

I know it's a tiny detail.. but I love it when my forum looks totally pixel perfect so it kinda troubles me when something isn't! So OCD lol

But yeah erm, the little ratethread stars, they were crystal clear over the translucent backdrop before, but now they've gone all crumbly like gifs that were designed for a white background. They're not gifs though they're exactly the same files as my stars on my other forums that also run the latest MyBB.

I checked the CSS for them in my theme, the ratethread.php file, showthread.php, I copied the images from a working forum, but nothing seems to fix it. Does anyone know why else this might be? What did the upgrade change?

Thanks Smile

Wave!
they are gifs dude, if you're using the default stars. they always look bad on black backgrounds.
but... they didn't before I upgraded lol, and they don't on my other forums that use the same stars. It's really weird o.O
What version did you upgrade from and which file set did you use (i.e. full package or changed files package)?? If you had changed the images, and used the full package to upgrade, you would have replaced your images with the default ones, the upgrade process isn't going to mess up some stars unless you'd changed them and then overwrote them again.
We upgraded from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3, I used the changed files. I went through all the changed files and don't see where this could have come from...

We run our site with the DarkFusion theme, I'm not sure if it does- but if Darkfusion has its own rankthread images... Could we just download the theme again and just overwrite the images?

(Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm an other admin from that forum. Just to clear any confusion. Smile )
Yes, overwrite the images only. Wink
ok this is mega weird! lol

It's definitely looking at the gifs in the images directory, and when I examine the code in Chrome it is. Which is weird because my theme says to look at the png. I don't know what star_ratings.css file it's using o.O
Done!!!

It was the cache. I went in there (in the file manager) and swapped the star_ratings.css content in there with the one from my theme in MyBB and it worked. Weird!

But it's done now Smile

Thanks for the help guys! ^_^