MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin page is missing most fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have just installed MyBB 1.6.3 on Centos 5.5 using PostgreSQL 8.3.11. This is on our own server.

The main (ie top) MyBB page looks fine but the admin page is missing most fields, it shows as an empty table grid with just a little information such as the software versions numbers.

Any suggestions as to what may be wrong please?

Best regards

David
Make sure ./inc/languages/english/admin/ and the files inside exist.
(2011-05-21, 05:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure ./inc/languages/english/admin/ and the files inside exist.
Thanks, will do. I expect I will find the files there but their chmod setting may be wrong. Please will you confirm what setting they should have?

./inc/languages/english/admin/ should be 755 and the files inside should be 644 or 666 (666 is for if you want to be able to edit the language strings in the ACP). What often happens, for reasons completely unknown to me, is either the ./inc/languages/english/admin/ folder just doesn't get uploaded, none of the files inside get uploaded, or the CHMODs are set to a weird value. I don't know why it happens to this folder specifically but a fair few people have this problem, and it's always either the folder/files are missing or the CHMODs are wrong. No idea what causes it to happen in the first place though.
(2011-05-21, 05:19 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]./inc/languages/english/admin/ should be 755 and the files inside should be 644 or 666 (666 is for if you want to be able to edit the language strings in the ACP). What often happens, for reasons completely unknown to me, is either the ./inc/languages/english/admin/ folder just doesn't get uploaded, none of the files inside get uploaded, or the CHMODs are set to a weird value. I don't know why it happens to this folder specifically but a fair few people have this problem, and it's always either the folder/files are missing or the CHMODs are wrong. No idea what causes it to happen in the first place though.

Hi Matt

Setting ./inc/languages/english/admin/ to 755 fixed the problem. Thanks very much for your help.

David