MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New posts = no new posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've noticed lately that when I click on the "View New Posts" link on my site, I get the standard message that there are no new posts, although I know I have new posts because the icons change indicating that there are new posts. I haven't changed anything lately, so I don't know what's going on. Also, when I look at my stats, I can see that there are new posts.

Also, I just found that immediately after I do a search (when I'm looking at the list of search results), if I click on the "Mark Forums Read" link, I get the following error:
Quote:Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.
(this issue is resolved)

And yes, I disabled all my plugins before trying to recreate these errors and I still get these errors.
Thanks Malcolm, but my initial problem still exists.
(2011-05-22, 03:33 AM)Darrell Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed lately that when I click on the "View New Posts" link on my site, I get the standard message that there are no new posts, although I know I have new posts because the icons change indicating that there are new posts. I haven't changed anything lately, so I don't know what's going on. Also, when I look at my stats, I can see that there are new posts.

This is a known bug. It will probably not get fixed until 2.0:
Quote:Marking as rejected. The system won't be rewritten for MyBB 1.4 or MyBB 1.6. It will be rewritten as a part of MyBB 2.0, but we still have to take into account physical resource limitations

If you don't have new posts when you click the "View New Posts" link, you could mark all forums as read. This will fix the indicators for a while but the problem will return after a while.
Okay, thanks Aries. I guess I have to wait until 2.0.

Sad
If it makes anybody feel better, New Posts doesn't work right on phpBB either Toungue
Oh, what about editing the search.php. It worked perfect in 1.4, which is what I still run. Maybe even try renaming the original search.php and uploading a 1.4.14 copy to see if maybe that'll work. I can attach the file if need be.

I've modified mine for a "Todays Posts' search and a second search for "Posts in Last 7 Days", cause my members asked for it.
(2011-05-26, 05:08 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, what about editing the search.php. It worked perfect in 1.4, which is what I still run. Maybe even try renaming the original search.php and uploading a 1.4.14 copy to see if maybe that'll work. I can attach the file if need be.

I've modified mine for a "Todays Posts' search and a second search for "Posts in Last 7 Days", cause my members asked for it.

It's not an issue with the search file. The problem is that the lightbulbs (or forum status indicators) will sometimes indicate that there are new posts in a forum while there are not.
(2011-05-26, 01:54 AM)Darrell Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thanks Aries. I guess I have to wait until 2.0.

Sad

Are you sure there are new posts or are you assuming there are new posts because of the icons that show if there are new posts.

The bug Aries linked to is only for the icons not updating and that too if there is a sub-forum involved, that bug does not affect the View New Posts if there actually were posts since your last visit.

To trully test it out do the following:

Log out from your board.
Logout from this other user account
Log back in with your own account
Click on View New Posts, you should see the post you just created with the other user. If you don't then you probably have another problem that is not related to that bug.
(2011-05-26, 08:04 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure there are new posts or are you assuming there are new posts because of the icons that show if there are new posts.

The bug Aries linked to is only for the icons not updating and that too if there is a sub-forum involved, that bug does not affect the View New Posts if there actually were posts since your last visit.

To trully test it out do the following:

Log out from your board.
Logout from this other user account
Log back in with your own account
Click on View New Posts, you should see the post you just created with the other user. If you don't then you probably have another problem that is not related to that bug.

Sorry for the late response.

I have the ProStats plugin enabled and the stats show me what is the most recent post. That's how I know that I have more posts -- not by the icons because the icons don't update.

However, I haven't noticed which forum they're in specifically, but those posts might be in a sub-forum.