MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't see some posts but strangely I can see other posts not in the database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a strange one. Some of my members alerted me to the fact that some posts seemed to be missing. However, when I looked in the database I could see those posts, even though they weren't showing in the forum. But then I noticed something even stranger.... some posts/threads showing in the forum are invisible in the database. Huh

To give some detail, the last thread created is 8339 but a database search shows threads up to 8328. The next number function in MySQL operations shows as 8329, which is correct if the last thread is 8328 which the database shows it to be. So where are the forum threads from 8329 to 8339 being displayed from? Huh

I found a couple of records in the database (posts) that look perfectly OK but they don't show up in their thread. Could it be that this is nothing to do with mybb and it's some sort of database/MySQL problem? I've tried looking at MySQL sites but haven't found this problem described. Huh
(2011-05-22, 03:59 PM)Tom Catterick Wrote: [ -> ]But then I noticed something even stranger.... some posts/threads showing in the forum are invisible in the database. Huh

They're going to have to be in there somewhere, the forum isn't going to create it's own content from nowhere and display it; if a post is showing on the forum, it will be in the database.

When you look at the rows in a database they won't always be in the right order. Click the 'tid' link at the top of the tid column in the threads table and it will specifically order by tid, look at the end then, and it'll probably be there.
Thanks for trying to help MattRogowski, but I already tried sorting by tid without any luck.

I agree the threads/posts must be there somewhere.... but where???

The thread and post table simply don't show any increases, i.e if someone adds a post the number of records showing in the posts table in the database remains the same.

The same goes for users. The last 7 users to register have taken the total to 4,076, as the forum stats show. But the database still says 4,069.

I've tried recounting the threads, recounting the forums, optimizing the database tables, repairing the tables, but nothing has made any difference.

I'm only guessing but as a sheer guess maybe it's a problem with phpMyadmin?
PM me phpMyAdmin details and I will have a look. They will be in there, unless your phpMyAdmin installation is seriously messed up.