MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question to MyBB Mod appliers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just reading a thread somewhere on here about asking to "uninstall" a mod. Now I was just thinking wouldn't it be a bit more handy if you place a file in with mods that would uninstall any SQL additions (considering many "new" people to the world of forums and installation and stuff might not know how to do that). Something that can be uploaded if you want it uninstalling.

Just an idea... sorry im bored... 2am and i'm still not tired. I've had a coffee, fag, 2 packs of Jammie Dodgers and a doner kebab. Still bored. :\
Each mod should be written as an plug-in and show have the uinstall queries in the deactivate function.
I agree with CraKteR but you should also just have the option to just "deactivate" it incase you want to keep data relating to the plugin. Or perhaps have a "Uninstall" button next the deactivation button, which would include deaction and remove all details of the plugin from the forum
Yeah, because when updating your forum after it's been modified (without doing it manually) would require you to install all the mod again. :\ Annoying.
I have a separate setting in the settings panel usually. Turn this on/off to enable/disable the plugin, and then deactivate to uninstall.
Still decswxaqz, then you would have to check if that option is on or off to delete from templates (if you make any modifications to it). An Uninstall button would be great.