MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: very high serverload
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello there mybb community can i get some help please there has been certain times where my serverload shot up to 16.24 or higher can you tell me why this is happening.
How many plugins you've installed ?
Are you on a shared host?? If you are, that's the load of all the sites on the server, it's not something you can do anything about.
(2011-05-22, 08:47 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on a shared host?? If you are, that's the load of all the sites on the server, it's not something you can do anything about.

If this is the case (as was the case for one of mine), you should consider moving to a host, or at least confronting your current one.
One of my sites (Hardware Insights) Is on a WebHostingPad shared hosting, the server load gets ridiculously high, more than 20 sometimes...
So I would say that's normal depending on the quality of your host.
It's not too bad if they have Quad-CPU servers, but I doubt they do.
(2011-05-22, 08:47 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]How many plugins you've installed ?

i dont have any plugins installed.

(2011-05-22, 08:47 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on a shared host?? If you are, that's the load of all the sites on the server, it's not something you can do anything about.

yes i am on shared hosting.
What is your host?
(2011-05-22, 08:50 PM)Shad0w Wrote: [ -> ]

yes i am on shared hosting.

Then if the server load is an issue/concern for you, your only options are to ask your host if they know what is causing the load, or find a better host. Often hosts will put too many hosting accounts on one server (overselling) and it gets to a point where the server can't really cope.
ok i talked to my host they replyed in about 5 minutes. he said it can maintain very high resource usage. so it will be fine.