MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display User Location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Folks!

Where a user has entered their location in their profile, is it possible to have the location displayed in the "postbit" area under their avatar?

Idf so - how do I do it? Huh

Cheers

Bugsley
Yes possible with a Plugin. I'll write one asap if nothing found on mods site.
I don't get it, you mean this?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-40093.html
I think he meant to have a similar Online Location on postbit as we can see in User's profile.
I'll clarify!

Where it currently says "posts" "joined" "Reputation" under the avatar, I want to add a fourth item "Location" - which will display the location the user has added in their Profile.
For this;
ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> yourtheme >> Post Bit Templates >> postbit_author_user > and add the following code at the end of all code;
Replace X with the location Custom Profile Field ID Wink
(2011-05-23, 09:56 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]For this;
ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> yourtheme >> Post Bit Templates >> postbit_author_user > and add the following code at the end of all code;
Replace X with the location Custom Profile Field ID Wink

Thanks for that - I'm not sure what is meant by the "location Custom Profile Field ID" - can you explain where I get this from??

Cheers

Bugsley

(2011-05-23, 10:09 AM)bugsley Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what is meant by the "location Custom Profile Field ID" - can you explain where I get this from??

In AdminCP > Configuration > Custom Profile Fields. You will see a field called "Location". The ID is also mentioned in that table.
Go to: ACP > Configurations > Custom Profile Fields > and hover your mouse over the "Location" (Custom Profile Field) link and see the ID # on status bar =)
In ACP just hover your mouse over the custom profile link, at the end of it you have the FID

It looks like this:
mybb/admin/index.php?module=config-profile_fields&action=edit&fid=1
Pages: 1 2