MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't even view forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend texted me and told me that our forum wasn't working, so I went to the site to see what the problem was, and I got a page that said:
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'lhsconnection'@'184.168.152.138' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

Site URL: www.lhsconnection.net
MyBB Version: 1.6

My question (as is sortof apparent Toungue) is what is wrong, and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Read the wiki:

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:...SQL_Errors

Quote:Database: MySQL
SQL Error: 1045 - Access denied for user 'USERNAME'@'HOSTNAME' (using password: YES)
Query: [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Information: This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database password is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['password']. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.
Please have a look at the common errors Wiki page:
[Wiki: Help:Common_Error_Messages] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If you have any other questions about this error, please feel free to reply, including any extra details if necessary such as the link to the error, plugins/modifications installed, and/or a test account.

With regards,
MyBB Support Team
Your database password is incorrect in /inc/config.php. You need to open that file, look for $config['database']['password'] and make sure the database password is correct.
Thanks for the [quick] help - from now on I'll be sure to read documentation first.