MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Annoying avatar Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having trouble with uploading and using URLSfor avatars.

If I try to upload an avatar it says

"Please correct the following errors before continuing:
The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again."

and if i try to upload an avatar using URL instead of directly uploading from my computer, i get this error:

"Please correct the following errors before continuing:
The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL."

Help please!
What plugins you've installed ?
(2011-05-23, 08:56 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]What plugins you've installed ?

Just newpoints and shop1.5
Do you get this error only when uploading avatars or do you also get it when trying to add attachment to a post?
(2011-05-24, 01:09 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get this error only when uploading avatars or do you also get it when trying to add attachment to a post?

Not sure I disabled attachments from the board.
I get the invalid file type one sometimes. That happens when I try and upload a .jpeg

What type of image are you trying to use?
(2011-05-24, 01:29 AM)Euipoi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-24, 01:09 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get this error only when uploading avatars or do you also get it when trying to add attachment to a post?

Can you try to upload an attachment to a post and see if you're getting the same error. You can create a test forum that is hidden from other users so you can try it out if you don't want to allow everyone to upload attachments.
(2011-05-24, 01:32 AM)Spazmatic Wrote: [ -> ]I get the invalid file type one sometimes. That happens when I try and upload a .jpeg

What type of image are you trying to use?

I tried .png and .jpeg all types
(2011-05-24, 01:41 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-24, 01:29 AM)Euipoi Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you try to upload an attachment to a post and see if you're getting the same error. You can create a test forum that is hidden from other users so you can try it out if you don't want to allow everyone to upload attachments.

Well how do i enable it? It doesn't offer me that option when editing a forum
ACP -> Users and Groups -> Groups -> Forums and Posts

Attachment Options
Can post attachments?
Attachment Quota:
Here you can set the attachment quota that each user in this group will receive. If set to 0, there is no limit.
KB
Make sure ./uploads and ./uploads/avatars are CHMOD'ed to 777. This error is usually caused by the avatars directory not being writable.
Pages: 1 2