MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bandwidth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone explain to me or point me to a page that explains bandwidth needed to run this forum?

For example, how much bandwidth would be needed in a month that lets, on average, 10 users constantly online surfing and posting? Thanks in advance!
If your users do not upload huge files(attachments) and other users downloading huge files from your forum(attachments), I believe Bandwidth used will be very low.
I'd like a real number. Heh. 1gb? 10gb? 50gb? A generously safe estimate. *nods*
If its 10 users, most probably 1gb of bandwith should be enough.

My forum has around 15-20 users, it didn't even hit 1gb, so I believe it will be safe for you Smile
I use about a little bit more than 1 gb monthly with less than 10 active users. But I have arcade games, so probably they play them sometimes. Sometimes I play them too.
Thats why I say its very hard to say...my forum do not use arcade or shoutbox/chat..just the simple features of MyBB.
10-20 Users will have 0.7 - 1.5 gb bandwith.
Thanks. I have 200 members and growing. I meant 10 members constantly on. *nods* Like when you look at the bottom of the forum of who's on, and on average, ten people are listed. Big Grin