MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board instantly refreshes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

About a week ago I noticed that when you visit my dating forum, it sometimes instantly refreshes (the refresh happens about half a second after landing on the page). It doesn't happen every time, but it is happening pretty often. I don't recall making any changes to my board over the last couple weeks, so I'm not sure what's causing it.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!
I don't see that problem when I visit the site.
Hi Kodaks,

The thing that makes this a bit tricky to troubleshoot is that it doesn't happen every time. It's reassuring to hear that you didn't see the problem -- maybe it only affects admins or something.

I was just hoping someone might have had a similar problem and could give me an idea of how to solve it. If not, it's probably going to be pretty hard to reproduce the problem.

Thanks.
Are you connecting the forum to facebook in any way? Either through an application or some other way?

I ask because at the bottom on your site I see this:

<!-- FACEBOOK CORE --><div id="fb-root"></div> 
		<script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js"></script> 
		<script> 
		  FB.init({appId: 209706262387458, status: true,
				   cookie: true, xfbml: true});
		  FB.Event.subscribe('auth.login', function(response) {
			window.location.reload();
		  });	  
		</script><!-- /FACEBOOK CORE -->

It is possible that this bit is whats causing the refresh.
Hey G33K,

Thanks for pointing that out. I tried implementing a FB Connect feature but it didn't work out, and I didn't realize some of the code from it was still lying around. I'll remove it now and see if that helps.

Thanks!