MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Bookmarked Feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

While I was searching some of my old posts, I came to this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-83736.html . It was Uncontrol's idea, but as there was some time today, so I decided to write a plugin.

The concept of the plugin is based on gmail's feature where we can select an email (i.e. Bookmarked) to read it when we've some free time.

The plugin is still on testing phase, but I like to share the Previews of what I've done so far;

[attachment=22860] [attachment=22861]

The mechanism of this plugin is simple, You (as a Admin) can select which usergroup can Bookmark threads. When those users visit on Forumdisplay (Thread listings area) they'll see a "Grey" star indicating that they would have to Click on it to select that Thread as Bookmarked. (I've added a Mouse Hover description to the star images as well to understand the use of those stars). When they click on the star, the URL passed to another page where some sql commands do the Bookmark thingy. After that, the system will redirect them to the forum where they've Bookmarked that thread.

Now they'll see a "yellow" star, indicating that they've Bookmarked that thread. Similarly, they can click on it, at any time, to Remove the Bookmark from that particular thread. Wink

The aspect of this thread is to know any features, ideas or useful suggestions to add it to the plugin. I'll update this thread when I release the plugin.

Now, I've added UserCP Box as well where users can see their Bookmarked threads Smile
[attachment=22883]
Seems like a good idea, although the arrow (to go to the newest post) does seem slightly out of place as it is above the midpoint of the star.
Nice catch Jammerx2, I'll use a css to move the star slight up.
I take it you'll also include a page to find all bookmarked threads easily too, right? If so, this is a great idea - good work.
Yes, a small page to check out our favourites would be great! Kind of like the subscribed threads area in the User CP. Smile

Looking forward to this.
How I forgot about this? Nice idea faviouz, I'll surely add this tonight. Smile

Currently, I've added Date and Time check on the dateline that thread Bookmarked;
[attachment=22869]
Looks pretty neat. A page with all of your bookmarks would make this a perfect plugin.
(2011-05-25, 02:06 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]Looks pretty neat. A page with all of your bookmarks would make this a perfect plugin.

Yep, I've added this too, and also released: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=963 Wink