MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subforums In Column
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I wanna ask if how can I align my subforums in column?

Thanks in advanced.
Go to: ACP > Templates > Select Your Theme's Template Set > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_depth3 > Edit > Replace all with the following code:
<li>{$statusicon}<a href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$forum['fid']}">{$forum['name']}</a></li>

Go to: ACP > Templates > Select Your Theme's Template Set > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_subforums > Edit > Replace all with the following code:
<br />{$lang->subforums}<br /><ul class="columns">{$sub_forums}</ul>

Go to: ACP > Themes > Select Your Theme > global.css > Edit Stylesheet in Advanced Mode > Add the following at the end of Stylesheet.
.columns 
{
list-style: none; 
margin: 0; 
padding: 0;
}

.columns li 
{
width: 50%; 
float: left;
}

--- DONE! Smile
Thanks. How can I delete the one dot? every subforum there's 2 dots.
(2011-05-25, 12:58 AM)Kiss Of Death Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. How can I delete the one dot? every subforum there's 2 dots.

This is because there are some extra &nbsp; in each attribute of that styles. Go to: global.css and remove any extra &nbsp; from there so it should look like this. (This is mostly appears when you copy and paste into your global.css or in templates by copying it from here.)
Quote:.columns
{
list-style: none;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}

.columns li
{
width: 50%;
float: left;
}
Its ok now, thanks again.
BTW how to make it only one column?
Remove 50% to 100%
Thank you. this is great and doesn't require a plugin!
I wonder how possible would it be to only apply this to certain categories or forums.

Using "Template Conditionals", maybe?
in my forum cant enable sub form please help me to enable that's
(2012-06-16, 10:25 AM)bester7777 Wrote: [ -> ]in my forum cant enable sub form please help me to enable that's

No. You've been denied support. This is your final warning.