MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Unsolvable] Elastic Textarea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey folks, my textarea when going into New Reply does not shrink/expand when the browser window is resized and makes you have to scroll horizontally to see it all.

Is there anything I can do to have it snap to whatever size is needed when teh browser window is resized?

Thanks!
In newthread and newreply templates, Set the textarea like this;
<textarea id="message" name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" >{$message}</textarea>

Note the number of rows and cols (columns)
(2011-05-24, 01:41 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]In newthread and newreply templates, Set the textarea like this;
<textarea id="message" name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" >{$message}</textarea>

Note the number of rows and cols (columns)

This is my original code:
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2">{$message}</textarea>

I replaced that with your suggestion, but it doesn't appear to work.
Can you please print the screen of your Newthread page ? Or your forum's URL and test account ?
Sure, I sent you a PM with a test account.
Go to: ACP > Themes > Your theme > Edit > global.css > and find;
textarea {
	background: #ffffff;
	color: #000000;
	border: 1px solid #0f5c8e;
	padding: 2px;
	font-family: Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
	line-height: 1.4;
	font-size: 13px;
}

and Add a width attribute like this;
textarea {
width: 500px;
}
Thanks Yaldaram, but when I restore the browser window the textarea still isn't resizing to fit the screen like the rest of the page does. It's still requiring me to scroll horizontally to get to some of the toolbar buttons that are on the right side.
I think you didn't edited yet. Your global.css file still showing me this;
textarea {
}

No width attribute there.
Sorry about that, for some reason anytime I copy/paste code from this forum it does weird stuff like add &nbsp; to each space when I paste it into the stylesheet editor. Anyways, I've fixed that now and still same problem Smile
Its still, no width attribute there.

PM me ACP details and I'll do some necessary edits to resolve the issue.
Pages: 1 2