MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Forum Chat Box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. So my site's been using a chatbox on our forums since the beginning made by a website called XAT.com

It's a piece of orange. At least in my opinion it is. But the general populous of the site actually enjoys it. We have a bunch of permanently banned members, however, who keep on logging into the chatbox and annoying the crap out of us on our chat, even though they are banned and banned members can't see the forum containing the chatbox, the actual chatbox itself has its own web address that ANYONE can favorite and log onto whenever they feel like it.

My site's community likes the cartooney smiley faces and the nice colored themes and the generally aesthetically pleasing layout of the XAT chat, but I hate it because I view it as a huge nuisance to have to constantly deal with chat spammers as well as the fact that anyone can just randomly log onto our chat and start spamming it.

Does anybody know of any chat BOXES (not chat bars) that are similarly eye-pleasing to the XAT chat but maybe not such a huge lapse in security? Thanks!
I had a hard time with this myself. I ended up getting an IRC channel and using this plugin: http://mods.mybb.com/view/ezirc
To be honest it's not real pretty, gets the job done, though.