MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB3 to MyBB blank page problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running the latest version of mysql, and everything is good.

This worked before, I was doing it yesterday to make sure it worked.. I did it like three times, just to confirm.

Then when I went to actually do it again, it just sends a blank page. I tried to re-install everything at default and still blanked.

So what the heck is the problem? I know I am inputting everything right.

EDIT - I have tried searching for the problem and have came up to no results.

--

No logs are generated upon the 'blank' page and there is no error, or screenshot.. unless you want me to upload a white page

EDIT # 2 - Okay, so my table prefix is _phpb1 and my database name is protoco_pbpb1 yet.. when I put that in it's saying that
Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:

The phpBB 3 database could not be found in 'protoco_phpb1'. Please ensure phpBB 3 exists at this database and with this table prefix.
Once the above are corrected, continue with the conversion.

This is the exact info I am putting in, and it's now not working. Yet when I enter in something completely different it goes to the blank page.
You said you went to 'do it again' - was it a new database? A different forum? What were you converting from? Where exactly does it 'blank' at? Are you able to input everything? Does anything even show when you initially go to the merge subdirectory? Does anything show up in the Logs subdirectory within the merge directory?
Sorry for not being so clear.

When I meant, went to do it again, I meant like.. The next day I did it "again" by having the actual mybb forum files inside of /forum/ instead of the PhPBB ones. Because while I was testing it, I had it inside /forums/myBB/merge but now its inside /forums/merge (i had the phpbb forums files in there as well, but when I went to do it properly, it didn't work.. Hope that made ANY sense..)

I was converting from phpbb3

I goes blank when I try to enter in the mysql information and press "next" so the database configuration.

Everything works fine up until the blank page, after I enter in the mysql details.

EDIT 2 - Added a 'edit 2' in the above post.
Where were the phpBB files moved to? Did you do this before with the same source database? Or was it a clean phpBB database that you were just testing with?
The phpBB files I deleted and moved to my pc, yes I did this before with the same source database. It wasn't a clean one.

Also, I edited my first post.
One thing I would suggest (although it's a 'hacky' method to get around whatever the issue might be) is to do it the same way you did before where it worked - ie, in forums/myBB/merge. After that, rename the current /forums (if you still have your phpBB files there) to something like /forumsOLD (or even just name the myBB folder to /forum, if you can change links pointing to the forums).
Before doing this, go into your MyBB admin panel -> Configuration -> Board Settings, and change the Board URL to whatever it should be (like http://www.sitename.com/forum ). Once you move the files there, it should work fine. I actually did this myself when I swapped my phpBB folder out for my MyBB folder - I just made sure to put the proper 'new' settings in each before moving them.
yeah, doing that right now. I'll let you know if it works.

worked.
Hooray!