MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: guest posting not working right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, i've given guests permission to create threads and replies, so people dont need to register

the problem is, all guest replies show up as ONE POST, and the replies are separated by horizontal lines. its very strange

also

how can i disallow the 'quick reply' for guests?
and how can i remove the 'password' field for guest posts since it doesnt do anything?
If you want to remove Horizontal lines from posts, then;

Go to: ACP > Configurations > Postings > and leave the option "Post Merge Time" blank.

ahh, thanks that did it. even though the guests were posting with different 'guest' usernames, i suppose mybb was merging them all as if they were one user

thanks that did it.

anyone know about my other q's?
(2011-05-25, 05:54 PM)mikew Wrote: [ -> ]and how can i remove the 'password' field for guest posts since it doesnt do anything?

Go to: ACP > Templates > Your theme's templates > Ungrouped templates > loginbox > and find the following and Remove;
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->password}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1"><input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" size="30" value="{$password}" /></td>
</tr>

(2011-05-25, 05:54 PM)mikew Wrote: [ -> ]how can i disallow the 'quick reply' for guests?

That requires a minor core file edit;

Open ./showthread.php and find;
	if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1 || is_moderator($fid)) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0)
and Change it into;
	if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1 || is_moderator($fid)) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0 && $mybb->user['uid'] != "0")

Now your guests would not be able to view quick reply Wink
you are the man. thanks a lot
Thanks Big Grin