MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cross browser compatibility (UGHHHHhhh)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
.thead {
	background: url(images/debate/thead_bg.png) top no-repeat;
	color: #fff;
	height: 30px;
	font-family: arial;
	font-size: 12px;
}

ninja'd
Hm. Could you please try adding max-height: 30px and see what happens. Kind of a workaround, but it might help:

.thead {
    background: url(images/debate/thead_bg.png) top no-repeat;
    color: #fff;
    height: 30px;
    max-height: 30px;
    font-family: arial;
    font-size: 12px;
} 
I tried using max-height a while ago and it didn't change anything, regardless, I put it in so you can take a look.
Still waiting for Chrome to finish downloading, then I will Smile
You could also try overflow: hidden as a quick trick to see what's happening.
It didn't change anything.
Hm, well chrome's 16% through downloading. If the issue isn't solved by the time it's done, I'll check things out.
I see the issue in Chrome. But I have also had random white spaces on other web pages (even static non-forum sites), so it's Chrome's stupididty to blame I think :-)

(2011-05-25, 06:55 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]@Aries-elgium: That'll make the thead text appear at the top.

No, it doesn't. The theme doesn't seem to reset padding and margin on elements. The DIV in the thead also has margin and padding. If no padding and margin is defined the browser's default are being used. Chrome has a larger default margin/padding than Firefox.
It's always a good idea to reset the default CSS of a browser to prevent things like this.
Ahh. I hadn't looked at the full theme at that point.
(2011-05-25, 07:46 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-25, 06:55 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]@Aries-elgium: That'll make the thead text appear at the top.

No, it doesn't. The theme doesn't seem to reset padding and margin on elements. The DIV in the thead also has margin and padding. If no padding and margin is defined the browser's default are being used. Chrome has a larger default margin/padding than Firefox.
It's always a good idea to reset the default CSS of a browser to prevent things like this.

Omg, you fixed it. <3
Pages: 1 2