MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add "remember me" box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The theme used on my forum does not feature a "remember me" function, and the members have requested it.

This feature is a function of MyBB, correct? My guess is that I will need to have a checkbox link a call to the function. I'd like to incorporate a simple checkbox with "Remember my login?" text in the header of the forum.

Are there any tutorials? I imagine this should not be that difficult to add into the theme myself, but as I have never done this, I would appreciate any guidance on this issue.

Thank you.
Easy, just copy the code from the default header template and paste it inot your custom theme.
I guess, you are using 1.4.x theme ?
(2011-05-26, 04:53 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I guess, you are using 1.4.x theme ?

1.6.x theme SimBlue.

I do not want to copy the default header, as I like the SimBlue header.

I would just like the code for only the "remember me" box.
Bump to the top.
Get a addon that does it. Pretty easy Smile
URL?

(2011-05-28, 10:04 AM)nick1200 Wrote: [ -> ]Get a addon that does it. Pretty easy Smile

I'd like to make clear that I'm not looking for a browser add-on; just the code needed to re-enable the remember me function into my theme.

I'd just like to paste it into the correct header templates so that this feature is added. Thanks.
TTT to reflect recent edit
Could you please post the code for your header_welcomeblock_guest template? I'm not 100% sure what needs to be added, so seeing your template will help me work out what is missing. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3