MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any efficient SHOUTBOX plugin please?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Please is there any efficient Shoutbox plugin for MyBB 1.6.3 ??

And do I take risks installing a shoutbox on my forum? Cause I know that many people would prefer to chat rather than creating new threads
(2011-05-25, 09:28 PM)newbb Wrote: [ -> ]And do I take risks installing a shoutbox on my forum? Cause I know that many people would prefer to chat rather than creating new threads

Well, that is exactly been the reason why I don't get the point of having a shoutbox on a forum.

But if you have a clear policy on what and what not can be discussed on the shoutbox people still have to create threads for things that are not allowed. Although there will always be a gray area. We had a shoutbox on a forum I was on but we removed it pretty fast. We found that a dedicated thread for chitchat was better. If an interesting discussing would start in that thread we would just simply split the posts to a new thread. That's something you can't do with a shoutbox. Just my opinion.
(2011-05-25, 09:57 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-25, 09:28 PM)newbb Wrote: [ -> ]And do I take risks installing a shoutbox on my forum? Cause I know that many people would prefer to chat rather than creating new threads

Well, that is exactly been the reason why I don't get the point of having a shoutbox on a forum.

But if you have a clear policy on what and what not can be discussed on the shoutbox people still have to create threads for things that are not allowed. Although there will always be a gray area. We had a shoutbox on a forum I was on but we removed it pretty fast. We found that a dedicated thread for chitchat was better. If an interesting discussing would start in that thread we would just simply split the posts to a new thread. That's something you can't do with a shoutbox. Just my opinion.

that's why I don't want to install it Sad
(2011-05-25, 09:32 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/view/myshoutbox

Thank you very much Smile

Visit Lady Gaga Forum.
(2011-05-25, 10:29 PM)newbb Wrote: [ -> ]that's why I don't want to install it Sad

You could try a shoutbox for a while. If it doesn't work for you, remove it again.

Another option (although still in beta):
http://community.mybb.com/thread-87126.html