MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with footer and remember me, need help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so yesterday I installed my mybb forum and i've had this problem since I installed my forums im using MyBB version 1.6.3. The problem is the footer seems to be above the end of my browser for several pages. The problem occurs on the Who's Online page, The closed board page, and on NewPoints plugin page I'm not sure if theres any others but those are the pages it happens on. I spoke to a friend who told me to try reinstalling MyBB I just did 10 minutes ago and the problem is still occurring I'm not sure weather its meant to be like this or not but it's really annoying and I want a solution help will be much appreciated thank you all here is a screen shot of the pages.

Also the remember me doesn't work when I log out the username and password field are blank.

Who's Online Page
[attachment=22895]
Closed Board Page
[attachment=22894]
NewPoints Page
[attachment=22896]
1000+ views and no reply? wow really upsetting I don't call this support at all I find it embarrassing for no one to reply to this at 1000+ views no support team mybb no nothing?
That looks normal to me. There's not much content on the pages to push the footer down.

Attacehd is a pic of a page without much content on my forum.

[attachment=22897]
(2011-05-26, 02:01 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote: [ -> ]That looks normal to me. There's not much content on the pages to push the footer down.

Attacehd is a pic of a page without much content on my forum.

Thank you for your reply really appreciate it, but is there a way I can make it stay at the bottom of the page regardless weather it has little content or not?
Nope, the content is generated dynamically. You could try setting absolute positioning in the footer CSS, but I think that would really screw up your forum.
For the footer part thats how the default theme is, if the page is short the footer will move up because thats where the page ends. If you want the footer to be pushed to the bottom for shorter pages then you can always code that in to the theme.
Google for sticky footer and you'll get some examples on how to do that.
Heres one: http://ryanfait.com/sticky-footer/

For the remember me part, you are misunderstanding the function of the remember be checkbox.
The remember me does not mean that it will remember your username and password after you logout, what it means is that if you close the browser without logging out it will remember you and will automatically log you in when you revisit the site. It would be highly insecure if we were to set the board to still remember your username and password after you logged out.
(2011-05-26, 12:14 AM)TwEaK Wrote: [ -> ]1000+ views and no reply? wow really upsetting I don't call this support at all I find it embarrassing for no one to reply to this at 1000+ views no support team mybb no nothing?

You posted this at 1.14am BST, considering most of the support staff are UK based it's not surprising you didn't get an immediate response. Regardless of the time posted we're all unpaid volunteers, try to have a little patience.
Well thank you all for your responses and -G33K- i'll be sure to look at sticky-footer and respond with my results Big Grin