MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Birthday Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

Just a bit of help needed on a minor problem.

A lot of members and me included when you view Members Profiles the birth date is set at November 30 (pic below).

If you try to set your birthday in either the User CP or try to change it in the Admin CP it shows that the profiles have been updated but when you next look it shows November 30 still. Also these birth dates are not showing as birthdays events in the Calender.

This was reported to me by a Forum Admin and i have looked everywhere but cannot think why, i have tried the normal refresh browser etc and checked on other computers. Also Disabled the one Birthday plugin on the site (Image Birthday) and tried again but still the same problem.

Like i said for some birthdays show fine and if you look at their profiles the DOB does show in the profiles but in the ones with the problem the Day/Month remains blank and in the year box just a 0 (zero) shows.

Using version 1.6.3 with Default Theme. Although not a major bug it is one that annoys and will no doubt get other members asking why they cannot set there date in the near future.

(2011-05-26, 10:30 AM)mike537 Wrote: [ -> ]Using version 1.6.3 with Default Theme. Although not a major bug it is one that annoys and will no doubt get other members asking why they cannot set there date in the near future.

The birthday field can not have a date in the future. The field should be the date someone was born. MyBB will automatically detect when it is someone's birthday based on the day and month and also calculates the age based on the year (and to be accurate also on day and month).
(2011-05-26, 10:47 AM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-26, 10:30 AM)mike537 Wrote: [ -> ]Using version 1.6.3 with Default Theme. Although not a major bug it is one that annoys and will no doubt get other members asking why they cannot set there date in the near future.

The birthday field can not have a date in the future. The field should be the date someone was born. MyBB will automatically detect when it is someone's birthday based on the day and month and also calculates the age based on the year (and to be accurate also on day and month).

Sorry for the misunderstanding what i said above means that i can see sometime soon a member is going to ask why he cannot set his DOB.

I tried setting mine D/M 1960 in both User CP and after in the Admin CP. Both showed date was updated but after still showed November 30.

Same applied when tried update other members Date in the Mod CP.
Was your forum a mybb forum from the begining or did you merge/convert from another forum?
(2011-05-26, 11:30 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Was your forum a mybb forum from the begining or did you merge/convert from another forum?

Forum was re started to a fresh MyBB October last year to prevent any problems converting as we had a large WowClassic forum, started with version 1.6.0 then upgraded as the newer versions came out. All upgrades went without any problem and this issue just noticed recently.
Any plugins?? There must be something interfering if it's not updating the database...
(2011-05-26, 07:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Any plugins?? There must be something interfering if it's not updating the database...

Will go through them and disable them one by one from the most recent to try to find out if that is the case over the next few days and then report back.

Thanks Matt. Cool
A quicker way to rule out plugins as the cause is to add define("NO_PLUGINS", 1); after define("TIME_NOW", time()); in ./inc/init.php; this will just stop the plguins being loaded at run time, so you can see if it still happens or not. If it doesn't happen with that code there, then it's a plugin doing it so you can go through them one by one to find the cause, but if it does still happen with that code there, then plugins won't be the cause.
Many thanks Matt just tried your suggestion and all was working as it should.

Will track down the plugin causing the problem and take it from there.

Rep given Cool
Please also let us know which plugin was the problem Smile
Pages: 1 2