MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Message Logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, looking through the plugin there seems to be an option in the Admin Permissions section of the ACP Smile You should be able to deny them access to that bit individually
Yes I did look there, and there's an option for just about everything including "Can manage User Email Logs" but there is not one for Private Message Admin. Dodgy
(2012-02-03, 08:18 PM)K e v i n Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I did look there, and there's an option for just about everything including "Can manage User Email Logs" but there is not one for Private Message Admin. Dodgy

In the plugin file find the pmadmin_admin() function:

After:
	global $mybb, $db, $page, $lang;

if($page->active_action != "pms")
	{
		return;
	}

$page->add_breadcrumb_item($lang->pma);

Place this:
  if (!in_array($mybb->user['uid'], explode(",",$mybb->config['super_admins'])))
    {
            flash_message("You do not have permission to monitor PMs", 'error');
            admin_redirect("index.php?module=tools");
    }

This way, only super admins (defined in config.php) can access the PM admin Smile
(2012-02-03, 08:18 PM)K e v i n Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I did look there, and there's an option for just about everything including "Can manage User Email Logs" but there is not one for Private Message Admin. Dodgy

The admin permissions setting for it is probably not visible because of this bug in MyBB 1.6.5:
http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1784

ok Smile Yes, just paste it in Smile no overwriting or anything, just paste th code I posted

yes you can change the message

Config.php should be in the MYBBROOT/inc/config.php location, about halfway down (I think) there should be a line like "$config['super_admins'] = "1"; <-- That should be ONLY YOUR UID! Big Grin
(2011-05-26, 12:18 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]But you have to put a disclaimer in your TOS (or whatever it is) that show before the user registers, otherwise they might take legal action against you.

False. The database, and the site are your intellectual property, therefor anything sent using your database and/or site are your intellectual property. They cannot take legal action for monitoring INTERNAL private messages sent via your site. That's like saying they could take legal action for banning them. Not gonna happen.
Pages: 1 2 3