MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: user verification request email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running myBB 1.1.2 and it has the option to require activation by admin whenever somebody new signs up. the pending requests can be found in CP.

Wouldn't it be nice if I, as the admin, would get automatic notification (to admin's email) at the time of submission of a subscription request? I don't see where I could activate this feature, so I've got to log on every once in a while, to check on pending tasks.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Willi
There's a plugin for that purpose: http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=177
I've got a problem related to this topic: the new user who's waiting for an admin to activate the new user's account can easily enter his user cp and click the "re-email activation code" (can't remember the exact words, right now).
He sees the same link when he tries to start a new topic in the forum: the forums reports that he's not allowed to but still there's this link.

When the user clicks the "re-email..." link he's going to obtain an activation code and by following this, he can activate himself, without any admin control.

This is with MyBB v 1.04. Is there a workaround for this problem? Do newer MyBB versions fix it? However, since I've experienced troubles with Internet Explorer users and newer MyBB versions I've sticked with 1.04 so far...
It's a known problem which will be fixed in MyBB 1.2. Here's a plugin to get rid of this problem.
Thanks for the hint.

Unfortunately the small fix doesn't work with MyBB v 1.04 : unregistered users still can click the "send verification code email" and activate themselves...

I still use v 1.04 because with newer versions there's been many problems with IE users which I couldn't figure out, so I stick with v 1.04 .

Where should I start to find out why the fix doesn't work?
So I am stuck now... ?
what do you mean by problems.

i'm running both firefox and IE6.2 to make sure there are no problems,..

the only problems that occur are either due to incompatible plugins or buggy coding of mods.
squall_leonhart69r Wrote:what do you mean by problems.

We run MyBB 1.04 without any plugin and mods. Because it runs stable also for our IE users.
We upgraded MyBB to newer versions but experienced problems with IE users (most of the mods use Firefox). For example:
- the "newest articles" function didn't function properly for many IE users, ie the newest articles didn't show up. Even when these users entered the threads, the lastest articles haven't been there.
- when some IE users entered the main forums page, they've been greeted as "guest". Just when they entered some sub forums their login state had been shown correctly.
- and some problems more.

Not all IE users had these problems. Most users didn't use proxies. Some IE users changed to Firefox and no problems anymore.
Since we have not been able to find out the exact reasons for this wrong IE behaviour, we downgraded the MyBB version to 1.04 again and it runs well. However, we're going to try the next MyBB version and see again.

We use the GZIP (5) option by the way. Some people here reported about blank pages with IE and GZIP, but this is not the effect we saw. With the next upgrade I'm going to disable GZIP, just in case the IE problems continue for our IE users.

I'm sorry for not being able to give a full problem report. I'm no Internet forum expert, just a super-moderator on the forum, ie rather a user. :-)