MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird glitch when viewing thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-05-26, 04:55 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Run the following query in phpmyadmin > SQL
REPAIR TABLE `mybb_threadviews`;

Still giving me the same

"Table Op Msg_type Msg_text
paradise_pfdb.mybb_threadviews repair Error Can't find file: 'mybb_threadviews' (errno: 2)
paradise_pfdb.mybb_threadviews repair status Operation failed
Can you please print the screen where you are running this query ?
[Image: Untitled-28.png]
(2011-05-26, 04:46 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Did you go into your phpmyadmin and see if that table exists ?

If it didn't exist they'd get an error saying it didn't exist.

If repairing the table didn't work or it wasn't able to do it, you'll need to ask your host to fix this.
If mybb_threadviews does not exist, try adding this through phpmyadmin by clicking SQL at the top of the window.

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mybb_threadviews` (
  `tid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  KEY `tid` (`tid`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

If that does not fix it, please try a revert of the template set by going to MyBB Admin >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> TEMPLATE SET >> showthread (options) >> Revert Template.
As I said, if the table didn't exist at all, they'd be getting an error. Plus the showthread template doesn't have anything to do with this.

One thing you could try is going to ACP > Configuration > Show Thread Templates > Delayed Thread View Updates; I think this is on, try turning it off.
It seems like your database has hit some corruption where the database files, the physical files, have been affected and possibly the mybb_threadviews file that contains the actual data is lost.

If this is not an unmanaged vps/server I would contact your host and ask them to look at it, if they can't fix it then you could try restoring to an earlier backup that you or the host may have.
(2011-05-26, 10:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, if the table didn't exist at all, they'd be getting an error. Plus the showthread template doesn't have anything to do with this.

One thing you could try is going to ACP > Configuration > Show Thread Templates > Delayed Thread View Updates; I think this is on, try turning it off.

WOW well that fixed my problem I can view the threads just fine now.

Thanks!

But still cant find the threadviews templates. "Can't find file: 'mybb_threadviews' (errno: 2)"
What's is saying is missing is a file for the table itself, it's a host issue.
(2011-05-27, 06:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What's is saying is missing is a file for the table itself, it's a host issue.

Hmmm ok, What should I say to my host?
Pages: 1 2 3