MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show subforum threads in main forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to show only the sub forum threads in the main forum? In other words, make it so that the main forum only displays recent posts from the sub forums on the main forum home page.

As a side note, I would not mind if the main forum was no longer used and instead only showed the threads of all of the sub forums, so if I have to turn on category mode for the main forum that would be ok but I would still like to have it show all of the new threads from all of my sub forums. I would also like to be able to set how many threads to display on the main forum even if it's in category mode or whatever.

Any thoughts on this?
I think, it requires a plugin.
(2011-05-26, 04:30 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I think, it requires a plugin.

I noticed on my forum that you can click on a link "View Today's Posts". This brings up all posts in all of my sub forums too which is great. If I set my main forum to Category mode is there a some code you can give me that I can insert in the main forum (in category mode) that will display the "View Today's Posts" results?

I think this would work really good for what I am needing. Could you also tell me which template to edit (I assume I'll have to edit one for the category mode to work like this)

Thank you!
(2011-05-26, 04:03 PM)ouroboro Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to show only the sub forum threads in the main forum? In other words, make it so that the main forum only displays recent posts from the sub forums on the main forum home page.

As a side note, I would not mind if the main forum was no longer used and instead only showed the threads of all of the sub forums, so if I have to turn on category mode for the main forum that would be ok but I would still like to have it show all of the new threads from all of my sub forums. I would also like to be able to set how many threads to display on the main forum even if it's in category mode or whatever.

Any thoughts on this?

Why don't you make the sub-forum as Main forum?
(2011-05-27, 03:27 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-26, 04:03 PM)ouroboro Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to show only the sub forum threads in the main forum? In other words, make it so that the main forum only displays recent posts from the sub forums on the main forum home page.

Any thoughts on this?

Why don't you make the sub-forum as Main forum?

I have 14 sub forums.
Anyone?