MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 162 to 163
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for your response Matt. It's late at night here now so I will look at this problem, following your advice, sometime tomorrow. Back soon........
Sorry about delays Matt, but I've only got around to looking again at this problem because of heavy workload! I opened the first php code that you sent and my result was

Usergroup: 1
Can access ACP: 0

So as the result was not what you said it should be, I tried your second suggestion although it is a little ambiguous what I do with it. I saved the second code under a different name and opened it but was just met with a blank page. If I run the first lot of code again, the output is just as it was above.....................??????
The second piece of code won't output anything but it will put you back in the admin group; currently you're in the guest group for some reason. If that code didn't work, it sounds like your user ID isn't 1. Use this code instead:

<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("IN_UPGRADE", 1);
require "global.php";
$db->update_query("users", array("usergroup" => 4), "username = 'YOURNAMEHERE'");
$db->update_query("usergroups", array("cancp" => 1), "gid = '4'");
$cache->update_usergroups();
echo "Done :)";
?>

Change YOURNAMEHERE to your username. This one will output something too Smile
If you're appearing as a guest then you'll need to make yourself an admin. If you can access the Admin CP you can probably do it there - try setting your primary usergroup to Admin. You may need to make yourself a Super Admin, I'm not sure?
Sorry about delays in replying but I'm travelling all over the place at the moment and writing this at London Gatwick waiting to board a flight!

In response to Clarkie, I'm unable to access anything at the moment because all I get is a response saying that I need to upgrade but the system will not accept me as an admin so myBB will not run, either in use mode or admin mode. In response to Matt, I ran the new PHP script and got this error message:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'RogerD' in 'where clause'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup='4' WHERE username = RogerD
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

I tried with my user name without caps and got the same response. So it appears I don't exist as a user? Does it matter that I'm running this on a server in my office behind Port 83? Trying to access myBB now from the airport gives me a Page doesn't exist although I can access the server directly.........
You removed the quotation marks around the username... use this:

<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("IN_UPGRADE", 1);
require "global.php";
$db->update_query("users", array("usergroup" => 4), "username = 'RogerD'");
$db->update_query("usergroups", array("cancp" => 1), "gid = '4'");
$cache->update_usergroups();
echo "Done :)";
?>
Thanks for the response Matt. I thought the quotation marks were just you illustrating the point! I will leave this until I get back to the UK on Sunday as flakey internet access in Mediterranean Islands is not the best way to look at this problem.................
Fantastic Matt, all back up and running although I'm a bit confused. I ran the upgrade on the files that I had uploaded previously but it upgraded to 1.6.2 which was the version I was running anyway. I'll go through the process again, this time keeping a copy of the replaced files before I upload them but did I just miss something.......? Thanks for your great support and sticking with me.
(2011-06-07, 07:18 PM)RogerD Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic Matt, all back up and running although I'm a bit confused. I ran the upgrade on the files that I had uploaded previously but it upgraded to 1.6.2 which was the version I was running anyway. I'll go through the process again, this time keeping a copy of the replaced files before I upload them but did I just miss something.......?

Sounds like some files didn't get updated; make sure the new files are overwriting the old ones.

(2011-06-07, 07:18 PM)RogerD Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your great support and sticking with me.

No problem Smile
Pages: 1 2