MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a plugin for this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to ask a question on my registration page to make sure bots are not singing up. For example i'll like to add what does 7+9= etc
Hmm, I haven't seen it if there is...

Post in this thread if you find something, I'd like to have this on my site also Smile
Yeah there's one here....

http://mods.mybb.com/home
name of the plugin?
(2011-05-27, 02:33 AM)mxx Wrote: [ -> ]name of the plugin?

The plugin name is obvious!

The plug in is there, put in some effort of your own to find it!!

Why can't people just be friendly? =.=

And thanks Spencer!
(2011-05-27, 11:05 AM)ToJ Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't people just be friendly? =.=

lufbra's point is that instead of sitting there waiting for someone to go off and find the plugin for you, you'd get it much quicker if you just tried to search for it yourself.
I just wonder if you add any registration question using default MyBB options that it would throw off any bot registrations. However most of the spam is not actually automated by bots. They're humans chilling in India or southeast asia earning a few dollars a week to spam thousands of sites and forums.

Check your spam IP addresses. If it's mainly in India then it's human spam.
(2011-05-27, 07:25 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I just wonder if you add any registration question using default MyBB options that it would throw off any bot registrations. However most of the spam is not actually automated by bots. They're humans chilling in India or southeast asia earning a few dollars a week to spam thousands of sites and forums.

Check your spam IP addresses. If it's mainly in India then it's human spam.

+1 on this. If you're really nerdy you can put in a hidden field called "Name" and if a bot puts something in there just reject the new user. A real human would never fill in a hidden question.

I've used that plus honey pot's BL on comment forms with some success. The hidden field catches the non-humans and the spammers are almost always listed here: http://www.projecthoneypot.org/

Good luck!