MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I degrade mybb1.6 to 1.4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a mybb1.6 forum administrator. I want to degrade our mybb1.6.0 to mybb1.4. I want to inquire is it possible?
Why do you want to downgrade? If theres a problem with the board we could help you with that.
1.6 has more features, 1.4 will very soon reach its end of life.

As for your question, there is no easy way to just downgrade to the older version unless you have a backup from earlier that you are willing to go back to.

Here I'll give you some important points on how to downgrade your MyBB.

1- Make database backup of your entire MyBB 1.6.x forum via FTP.
2- Download a fresh copy of MyBB 1.4.x from HERE
3- Now copy this .zip archive and extract into your forum's root.
4- Download MyBB Merge System from here: http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system
5- Now run mybb merge system installer.
6- Now import your MyBB 1.6.x forum's sql database into phpmyadmin.

--- DONE! Smile
I'd really prefer it if people were advised on fixing the problems they're having with 1.6 rather than telling them how to downgrade. It's one step forward and five steps back and just causes more problems than it's worth. Plus I'm not too sure what those instructions would do anyway as you'd end up with what you started with...

If you can tell us what's actually wrong with your forum, we'll be able to help you fix it. You can't stay on 1.4 forever so you'd have to upgrade eventually anyway.