MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 2.3 to myBB : reversed chronological order of threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
my web host converted IPB 2.3 to myBB 1.6.3

chronological order of threads and posts appears to be reversed !

that is :

thread #1 on IPB has become the latest thread on myBB
AND latest thread on IPB is the #1 thread on myBB

latest thread on IPB is #2773 and it is #1 on myBB
thread #2772 is #2 on myBB

IPB --> index.php?showtopic=2
is shown as
myBB --> showthread.php?tid=2608

unable to understand what went wrong.
not sure that the threads order is exact reversal of the earlier..

is it possible to fix it and make threads in correct order

any solution / idea please..
Link?
^ link :
IPB --> http://teluguthesis.com
myBB --> http://teluguthesis.com/mybb/
There isn't anything we can do with this. The merge system is designed to change the topic and post IDs when it imports in order to remove gaps left by deleted stuff.
I remember when I was testing the same thing happened to me (in phpBB3). I managed to go into the threads.php file for phpBB3, went to line 63, and then changed the 'order_dir' from 'DESC' to 'ASC'.
For IPB, I'd recommend to try going into /boards/ipb2/threads.php, go to line 76, and do the same (change 'order_dir' => 'DESC' to 'order_dir' => 'ASC' and see if that helps.
Thats weird, all modules are supposed to be ASC order already. I'll correct this in the overall merge system for the next release.
For reference:
Bug 1592
Thank You Dylan and Thank You Kretol Smile

is it possible to run a couple of queries to reverse myBB threads order..
I don't think it's possible if you've already done the merge as the associations are already there in other tables. I'm sure Dylan or someone else can confirm or correct that, though.
(2011-05-30, 09:19 AM)Kretol Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's possible if you've already done the merge as the associations are already there in other tables. I'm sure Dylan or someone else can confirm or correct that, though.

Its so difficult as to be almost possible. It would require a lot of PHP code and time. But the topic IDs still wouldn't match.
Pages: 1 2