MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What are the forum limits?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My first impression of MyBB is amazing. I was just wondaering are there any limits to the amount of forums I have. For example, if the parent forum was 'Companies', how many forums in the 'Companies' forum can you have?
No limits. You can make thousands of forums Under one category.
I don't think there is a limit, but unless you are going to have 1 million forums I wouldn't be worried.
I'm not going to but what would happen if you had millions?
The page would probably take ages to load.

But other than that, it'd be fine I think.
You can have as much content (posts, threads, forums, etc.) as your server can handle; there are no hard limits.
(2011-05-27, 01:42 PM)JDowen Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not going to but what would happen if you had millions?

The server would run out of memory. I have tested mybb with 3500 forums and the memory usage is about 50MB. Thats without any users, threads, plugins, themes, groups, permissions, etc..
^this. What Angrew said.
I am interested now, what forum are you looking to create?
@Andrew It was just an idea but a forum with different schools listed on it where students could discuss life at school. I dropped the idea though because people will receive a lot of abuse.
Pages: 1 2