MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to chmod / cacls ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I'm new at this.

I couldn't chmod on my windows XP PC, so I searched around and found a similar command called CACLS. However, the syntax for CACLS is such that:

CACLS filename [/T] [/E] [/C] [/G user:perm] [/R user [...]]
[/P user:perm [...]] [/D user [...]]

Looking at the examples given on the net, it seems that I must specify whose rights I am adding/editting/removing. Unlike chmod which can specify the rights for anybody using the third digit, how am I going to change the permissions for a file using CACLS such that anybody can write to it?

The installation file for myBB says that PHP must be able to write to certain files. If I am going to upload these files to a webhosting server, how should I do this using CACLS? If CACLS cannot do it, is there any other way to do it? I tried right-clicking the files and choosing properties, but there is no option to set the permissions.
CHMOD is not an issue on a Windows server.
Permissions is though.
Galen Wrote:CHMOD is not an issue on a Windows server.

What do you mean its not an issue?
You should first try to see if MyBB can install without doing any permission changes.
DennisTT Wrote:You should first try to see if MyBB can install without doing any permission changes.

All right. Thanks! Will get back here if it cannot work.