MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to alienate and lose your userbase in SEVEN quick days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Many people struggle to maintain a userbase even though they're doing everything in their will to keep those 7 members there. Whereas, others are a natural at completely getting rid of their members that chose to stay on the forum. In this article I'll cover 5 points on how to completely alienate and lose your userbase in seven quick days.

Read the rest of the article here.
http://crueltruth.com/?p=56
I know someone who needs to read this, but I'm staff at their site and I don't want to get the boot. They have such a complete lack of interest in the site I don't even know the last time they visited. Sure does make me want to participate, right? Their interest in the site is so low they still haven't taken the time to seriously contact Google about getting the AdSense account reinstated, and it's been months that they've known about it.
(2011-05-28, 12:46 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I know someone who needs to read this, but I'm staff at their site and I don't want to get the boot. They have such a complete lack of interest in the site I don't even know the last time they visited. Sure does make me want to participate, right? Their interest in the site is so low they still haven't taken the time to seriously contact Google about getting the AdSense account reinstated, and it's been months that they've known about it.

That is definitely a dilemma, I wish you the best with this issue.
This thread reminded me to poke them about it, and they say they've been contacting (and ignored by) Google every month. Still, when the profile page for their account says they were last on 11-2010, that doesn't inspire much motivation. I've reduced my time on the site to basic spam cleanup and prevention because why waste my time on the site if they won't waste theirs?

Also, don't tell your staff you'll pay them if you are going to force them to beg you for it and even then only pay out every 3 months or so. Undecided