MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing Another Mybb forum..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently installed a mybb in my ftp directory. Now my guestion is now i want to install another in ftp by creating another directory forum. So after i install it. I take a backup from old mybb forum and going to place it in newly installed directory so my question does new mybb will show all the post of old mybb??
you will need to move the mysql database
Can you tell it clearly please?
Are you planning on having 2 forums or are you doing this just to move the forum to a different directory?

If you just want to move it to a different directory then you don't need to install it again. You just change the board url and cookie settings and update them with the new forum url, then rename the folder in ftp, thats all.
(2011-05-28, 01:24 AM)Dishunters.com Wrote: [ -> ]I currently installed a mybb in my ftp directory. Now my guestion is now i want to install another in ftp by creating another directory forum. So after i install it. I take a backup from old mybb forum and going to place it in newly installed directory so my question does new mybb will show all the post of old mybb??

If you want to show the old posts in the new forum, then you need to link to the old database,
i.e you must configure your new forum with the original database
Thanks friend the problem as i'm not a pre experience in mybb when i start to use to mybb first installed un wanted plug in's so now i want a idea to make my forum fresh as when we install the mybb first but i want all the post. So tell the idea...?
Its very hard to understand what you want so I apologize if this is not what you are asking for but if I am getting you right then you want to get the posts from an old mybb forum in to a new one? If thats the case then you can use the merge system: http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system