MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mysql database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I made another forum for testing and i want to transfer my posts, users and everything to my test forum, how can i do it?
You can either export/import a database dump from phpMyAdmin (and make the necessary changes to the settings) or use the Merge system to merge your two databases together.
When i want to import, then it says next:

Screen:

[Image: Untitled.png]
You need to truncate your tables. Select them all and choose Truncate/Empty in the select box at the bottom. Now import it again.
I have similar problem, but I forgot my DB pass. How can I change in forum the old pass for the new, without new installation?
lol, i did empty all and tried to import again, but now i get this error :

[Image: Untitled.png]

(2011-05-28, 10:47 AM)Anatoxin Wrote: [ -> ]I have similar problem, but I forgot my DB pass. How can I change in forum the old pass for the new, without new installation?

Try to run this in phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE mybb_users SET password = 'tmppassword121564846', salt = '' WHERE uid = '1';
You might need to change the table prefix (mybb_) and the uid (1) to make it work for your situation.

Now login with this password: tmppassword121564846
And change your password again via UserCP.
(2011-05-28, 10:50 AM)Stenka Wrote: [ -> ]lol, i did empty all and tried to import again, but now i get this error :

It seems you had "Extra Forum Permissions" installed in your other forum and not in your testing environment. Did you include "CREATE TABLE" in your dump? If so, instead of emptying the tables, delete them and then import it again.
Yeah, by deleting them first works, but when i add my mysql database, then my forum requires new installation..

Btw, can i tranfer mybb database to vBulletin forum?
(2011-05-28, 11:07 AM)Stenka Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, can i tranfer mybb database to vBulletin forum?

Yes, you can do this. But you've to contact to vBulletin to merge your MyBB to vB.
Pages: 1 2