MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum BackUp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I just need to double check something Toungue

I'm going to do a "redesign" of my forum set up, the categories and everything, but I'm not 100% sure if my members and I will like it, so I've made a back up of the forum, and if they don't like the way it's set up I can use the back up to restore how all the categories were set up right?

Sorry for the n00b question but I just need to double check Toungue
If redesigning is for Editing Templates, then you may revert those templates back to default if you are un-satisfied with the edits.. But yes, obviously taking a backup is good thing.
(2011-05-28, 03:20 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to do a "redesign" of my forum set up, the categories and everything, but I'm not 100% sure if my members and I will like it, so I've made a back up of the forum, and if they don't like the way it's set up I can use the back up to restore how all the categories were set up right?

Yes ;-)
(2011-05-28, 03:26 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]If redesigning is for Editing Templates, then you may revert those templates back to default if you are un-satisfied with the edits.. But yes, obviously taking a backup is good thing.

Not for template edits Toungue

For the way that the categories are set up. So for example instead of having like 6 categories and 2 forums in each one I'll have 3 and 5 forums in each one. Like that lolz.
Taking a backup is a excellent thing then Toungue That's mostly because sometimes you might have edit something wrong then you would have a copy to restore it back.
Okay thanks.

Now, making the back up is just going to ACP >> Tools >> Database back up >> and backing up all of them right?
I would prefer to take it from CPanel > Database Wizard.
Yes,
also advised => Backup your forum files too (just in case)