MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fast hosting for MyBB 1.6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I just want to know guys if anyone of you uses GoDaddy Shared Hosting? Because they are limiting the MySQL databases to 1GB each, which is quite enough but makes me afraid that one day my databases won't accept to do anything because it's fully used...

Is 1GB unreachable for a MyBB forum? (I mean, very far from being reached?)

Do you guys know any GOOD, Fast (very fast) with a good uptime shared hosting website??

I'm not confident about the small companies that host websites Sad

Any good host? Any advices?
To be honest, you won't reach 1GB until your forum becomes really popular. (Plugins do change this factor though) Concerning GoDaddy, they are one of the worst hosts of all time. You should switch when you have the time.

In the web world, small companies are generally better hosts. Big enterprises usually try to cut every corner they can to get price:service ratio in their favor. Smaller guys are usually there to please the customer. (From personal experience)

Two great hosts I'd recommend are:
http://www.lithiumhosting.com/ - I've been using for for 4 months, fantastic.
http://www.dreamhost.com/ - A little on the pricey side, good nonetheless.
1GB is more than enough. You'll need about a million posts before you use more than 1GB, and if you're running a million post forum, you'd have stopped using shared hosting a while ago.
Is it spam to advertise your own host in threads like this?
Do you know any good host that allows warez forums?
Some who is not very expensive.

In a country where I live warez is banned.
Warez aren't allowed on this forum either, you think we're going to help you? Lol.
I have not asked for help around the forum but I asked about hosting, about hosting in this subject and speaking.

I wondered if anyone knows a hosting that allows warez. LOL

There are people from different countries, in one of them is allowed to host this kind, I just asked where allowed. I have not done anything wrong.