MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Still unsolved.] Internet Explorer stinks, still, help me out!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys,
I am new here and still, i have some theme/template question.
I am currently building my first MyBB theme, on Firefox and Chrome/Safari (and IE8+) it looks fine.
But when i run IE7 and go to the webpage, it's like it got ruined in an web-tornado.

Screens:

GOOGLE CHROME:
[Image: tBZuc.png]

IE7:
[Image: 3xDRC.png]

Please help me fix this!
Thank you for reading.

P.s. This is my first theme is myBB.
P.P.s. I already managed to remove the borders from the logo and others.
Because IE7 sucks?
Is this theme going to be a free theme? If so don't bother making it good for IE7 as CSS is not full supported by this version.

(http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-friend...orer.shtml)
URL to your forum please?

We can't fix the issue just by looking at the pictures.

I am not sure, it was just a try for my site.
If it all fails, i think i'm going to release it against a small fee or just free.
(2011-05-29, 11:11 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]URL to your forum please?

We can't fix the issue just by looking at the pictures.

http://exasamp.com/forum/
Seeing the code, I can't see what's causing the thead issue (the first thing I'm looking at). Try applying a float: left to it and see what happens?

@Sama: "CSS isn't fully supported"? I think you mean that IE7 doesn't support CSS3 and it sometimes renders CSS slightly different to other rendering engines. It does support CSS2.1 fully though. That's why we use CSS resets.
My first concern are the colors in the forum sections.
Try removing the *background-color: #fff; from the .trow1 class in your global.css
I tried that as IE7 hack, if i remove it it stays like this, wait, i'll do it.

E: done.
Odd. IE7 normally recognises background colours no problem. I'll have to look deeper into this after lunch.
Pages: 1 2